~ Slice 2-4 ripe bananas and place in the freezer for 1-3 hours.
~ When bananas are ready, place in a jug and add the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon sweetener (Clair used date syrup, but can also use agave/maple or whatever sweetener you use.
- 1 dessertspoon raw light tahini
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (depending on consistency you want )
~ Blend all of these delicious ingredients together until it looks like ice-cream.
~Enjoy as is, if you have any left over you can store it in the freezer!
Other additional ingredient ideas :
- Leave out the cacao powder and add 1-2 ripe peaches or berries for a fruity ice-cream.
- After blending stir in some raw cacao nibs.
- Stir in some desiccated coconut before serving.
- Fresh mint leaves chopped and stirred in.
- Chopped walnuts and/or raisins-date.
- Chopped toasted hazlenuts – YUM!
- For non-vegan version with a bit of punch add a little drop of baileys cream or rum.
- For a nuttier flavour add some peanut or almond butter instead of the tahini.
Hope you enjoy and let us know if you come up with any nice combinations of your own.
Now for that sunshine!!