I whipped these up in less than twenty minutes and they are delicious and very easy to make. The measurements are as accurate as I can remember as I made it up as I went along, so just see what consistency you like.
If it is too wet (from the coconut oil) just add more ground almonds.
- 1 packet ground almonds (500g)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 8-10 chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 tbsp honey/agave/sweetener syrup of choice
Optional (for coating)
- Melted dark choc (refined sugar free if you want them to be completely sugar free)
- Desiccated coconut
- Melt coconut oil – it doesn’t take long so just heat gently until it is liquid
- Add all of the ingredients together (except chocolate) and mix well
- Form into small balls
- Store the almond balls in the fridge/freezer as you prepare topping
- Melt chocolate (if using) in a bowl placed over boiling water
- Dip the almond balls into the chocolate and sprinkle with the coconut
- Place in freezer and allow to harder.
- Vegan marzipan bites complete- enjoy 🙂
There are so many variations and additions you can do to these so let me know what you come up with.
I hope you like them.