I find this recipe great to start from – then adding spices, herbs, veggies and whatever you like as you go along
1 tin of chickpeas, drain and keep the liquid they are stored in
1-2 tablespoons of light tahini
1 tsp ground cumin
1 large cloves garlic
1 large handful herb of choice (Parsely/coriander/basil)
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt/pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients together and blend. Add a little of the chickpea liquid as need to loosen the hummus.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Enjoy
- Add sundried tomatoes, roast red peppers, pesto.
- Chilli flakes/powder
- Caramelized red onion
- Use cannelini/butter beans instead of chickpeas. (You can play around with whatever you have in the cupboard!)
- If you don’t have tahini you can use toasted seeds of any kind and blend them in with the mixture.
- Grated beetroot/carrots/spinach